2026 Imperial Oriental Beauty Oolong
-
My reaction is always the same at my first sip of Imperial Oriental Beauty
Oolong: Is this tea? Isn't that a finely fragrant honey in hot water? Or an
a...
Memorial Service for Victor Mair
-
A service will be held in the memory and honor of Victor H. Mair on the
afternoon of Saturday, October 10, between 2:00 and 5:00, at Swarthmore
Friends Mee...
3 Guesses at a Composite Character
-
I recently snapped this photo of a “Chinese character.” I thought it might
be interesting to put AI (Claude) to the test to see if it could recognize
it....
Doom and Hulk Dialogue
-
Dr. Doom: adjusts metal mask "Hulk, your analysis of neoliberalism as a
form of governmental rationality is intriguing, but it lacks the systematic
critiq...
Ransomware, cybercrimes and how to stay safe
-
n 2022, the Optus data breach, along with the Medibank hack, saw the theft
of the personal information of millions of Australians. In the last decade,
ther...
Finished Reading List for 2019
-
In 2019 I read Here’s my list, starting with the book I read in Jan 2019:
1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly 2. Circe by Madeline Miller 3. The Odyssey
by Ho...
NBA Finals Illusion
-
The NBA finals are well on its way between the Toronto Raptors and Golden
State Warriors. A very odd place to spot optical illusions if…
The post NBA Fi...
Golden Shower Trees – Cassia fistula [阿勃勒]
-
Here is a small collection of images of the unfortunately named Golden
Shower Trees [Cassia fistula (阿勃勒)] taken in Jhongsing Village [中興新村] in
early June....
Learning from my own book
-
The most popular piece I’ve written on this site over the past few was
about Teaching English Online. I wrote it while I was hanging out with a
bunch of di...
Grow With HubSpot New York
-
The marketing software company HubSpot sponsored an event at Irving Plaza
in New York, NY on Thursday February 18th to provide an overview of their
service...
Vintage Vape
-
[image: vintage vape]
Whether you like baseball, chicken dinners, multilevel marketing, or *The
Price is Right*, we offer several varietals of bespoke ju...
#932 黑鵯三玩
-
John&Fish posted a photo:
[image: #932 黑鵯三玩]
Dear Flickr friends, you are very welcome to hear some of my piano
composition .
紅嘴黑鵯.攝於台灣 新竹市
Black Bulbu...
Protests
-
I've been following protests in Taiwan with a great deal of sympathy for
the students, admittedly lukewarm support for the details of their cause,
and tre...
4th Annual Mother of All 9/11 Posts
-
If there is one thing in this life that I truly appreciate, it’s misguided
self-expression. From bad crafting to terrible singing to hideous tattoos,
I lov...
An invitation to #ComedyFest (BYOB)
-
This week Twitter is turning into a comedy club, and you’ve got the best
seats in the house, all for the price of free. We’re not saying that
enjoying your...
Thank you
-
This is my last post for the Bad Astronomy Blog on Discover Magazine. As of
today – Monday, November 12, 2012 – the blog has a new home at Slate
magazine...
Huben Epitaph
-
Hushan's Yucing valley before it was dug out to make way for the highly
controversial Hushan Dam. Yucing valley when the earth-movers got busy.
Pleasantrie...
New address: www.bikingintaiwan.com
-
I will now start to post to bikingintaiwan.com. The site is up and running,
but the design is non-existent. I've changed to WordPress and need to learn
how...
Instapaper 4: Deciding to Read
-
[image: Instapaper 4 Icon]
*Introducing Instapaper 4.0 for iPad and iPhone*
The lede here is that my pal, Marco, has just released the stellar new 4.0
v...
Rain cannot stop the LGBT Pride Parade
-
An estimated 30,000 people joined the 8th annual Taiwan LGBT Pride (台灣同志遊行)
march in the centre of Taipei yesterday. Light rain did not stop the crowds
fro...
WE ARE MOVING
-
Blogger.com is ending support for self-hosted blogs. This stinks, but it
does give me an excuse to update the whole site, building instead on the
more powe...
A Sunday Stroll in Maokong (貓空)
-
Here's something easy to test the blog waters again. A hike in the hills of
Maokong, the tea growing region I am looking out at from my study window
even ...
No comments:
Post a Comment