My eldest son brought this home from elementary school last week. He'd pulled it out of the scrap paper box in his classroom. The literal translation of the title is: How To Teach Stupid Students. My first reaction was "What the hell..?" but when I read the points below I soon realized it's meant ironically; in other words, tips on how not to teach, or "If you want your students to be stupid just follow these teaching tips". I presume this was handed out to teachers for training purposes or perhaps a zealous parent had printed it and given it to the teacher. No idea.
The list makes some obvious points from the School of Duh, but I suppose even good teachers need to be reminded of the basics every once in a while.
Let's run down the list. This is a quick, rough translation so don't get all picky on me, k?
- Only use one, unchanging style of teaching.
- Only teach what's in the text book.
- Require students to provide the standard answers to questions.
- Don't permit students to ask questions.
- Encourage passive listening.
- Make students obey absolutely.
- Frequently nag, seldom praise students.
- Constantly scold, and disrespect students.
- Focus on homework and grades.
- Do not permit any mistakes.
- Reach the conclusion quickly.
- Ask pointless questions.
Anything that you might want to add to that list?