Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Preparations for temple's 60th anniversary - gonna be a big one



Pootling along in south Taichung yesterday I spotted this impressive, puppet-festooned plywood structure tucked away on a plot of wasteland and pulled over to take a snapshot. A banner indicated that a temple is going to be celebrating its 60th anniversary but unfortunately I couldn't see anything saying when it will be held. If I have time I'll pop back over there and see if I can find out. It looks like it's going to be a big do so I'd like to get a few shots of the proceedings if possible.

If you'd like to check it out for yourself there's a map link below. To get there from the intersection of Wu Chuan South Rd. (五權南路 ) and Chien Chung Rd. ( 建成路 ) , go east along Chien Chung ( 建成路 ) about a 100 metres or so till you hit Hsin Hwa St. ( 信華街 ) then turn left. You should see it on your left as you head north before you reach Fu Hsing Rd. ( 復興路 ) Don't rely on my pinyin: it's doubtless not exactly the same as that on the street signs! Here's the area on Google Maps. Link

2 comments:

cfimages said...

Did you manage to find out when the 60th celebration is?

John Naruwan said...

No, I didn't have time in the end unfortunately, although a friend told me that it was (or still is) a weeks-long event and the temple had already held one big feast.